Webinar IV (An Overhead Primer) of this KYCD series explains the evolution of various types of overhead and the changes to them throughout the development of the 1962 through 2012 model forms. This webinar discusses some of the same basic concepts but delves deeper into the proper overhead assessments with hands-on calculations in case studies for specific-situation drilling wells, workover operations, producing wells and waterflood operations, and major construction projects. COPAS model form language is detailed and MFI-21 (Overhead Principles) and MFI-48 (Application and Calculation of Drilling Overhead) are explained and discussed in great detail.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this class you will be able to
- Determine drilling days in a traditional environment.
- Determine drilling days in a shale environment.
- Calculate workovers at the drilling rate.
- Determine wells for producing overhead.
- Apply drilling and producing rates.
- Determine qualifying projects for major construction overhead.
- Calculate amounts due for major construction overhead.