COPAS Energy Education
Understanding the Landman
May 2, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Hosted by Weaver
2821 West Seventh Street
Fort Worth, TX
Register at the bottom of this page.
Program Level: Basic Delivery Group: Live
CPE Credits: 8 Prerequisites: None
Advance Prep: None Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Instructor: Salomon Tristan
$350 $315 through March 23
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Description: An interactive course designed for Non-Landmen and individuals desiring to expand and increase their Oil and Gas Landman knowledge. It is suitable for petroleum industry new hires, revenue, joint interest, business professionals, investment advisors, analysts, exploration, transportation, regulators, government employees, and lawyers or anyone who interacts with the Land Department.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction and overview of Oil & Gas Landman Operations
- What is a Landman & Why you need to know!
- Minerals and Ownership
- History of Land and Leasing
- Law and Landman
- "Land" Department in Oil and Gas
- Division Orders
- Lease Analysts
- Your Relationship
- Royalty and Working Interest
- Net Revenue and Over-Riding Interest
- Over-Riding Interest
- Working Interest
- Carried Interest & Farm-out
- Law of the Land
- Conservation Laws
- Common Laws
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Recall the functions of the land department and describe landman operations.
- Discuss law affecting oil and gas leases.
- Summarize how to obtain leases and and types of leases.
- Identify and discuss land department documents.
- Evaluate ownership and royalty rights.
Click here to read the COPAS Complaint Policy
Click here to read the COPAS Refund Policy
Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS), Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Registration Type: Understanding the Landman